Monday 7 May 2018

A CHANT TO MY AFRICAN WOMAN An Extract From the Book 'My Africa' Written By Fame Agidife On Highlight @ Fame Agidife Leadership Lecture Series

Oh my beautiful African Woman ! Oh my beautiful African treasure !! A Chant to you is an incantation to the beautiful African water goddess !!!

Oh ! What an African woman !!

You come to this world under the tropical Africa shinning sun !!

You have continued to flourish no matter how the sun shines !!!

Though your skin is light and your natural beauty is the Cathedral for sexual worship to all eyes that behold and a resurrection hope to all dead manhood out there that seek for resurrection to life; it is still not a mistake that you are from the black race of tropical African Continent but a unique privileged that you come black and remained the wonders of the world !

Yes !! You are my African woman and let them keep on wondering why your skin is light; "is she a true African or a creo African American?"

"Hate has been so imbedded in us, blacks hate other blacks for being black.”

"The white man separated us: darks and lights. We’re so caught up on these preconceived notions of each other, we fail to realize the big picture. Not to mention, black men sometimes don’t make it any better. As black women, we are pitted against each other based off of how we look: light skin, dark skin, slim, thick, tall, short, weave, natural and the infamous good girl vs girl who shows a little more skin comparison.

Hate has been so imbedded in us, blacks hate other blacks for being black. We forget that as black women our struggles are much more alike than we admit. No woman’s struggle is less important than another one’s own.

When it comes down to it we all share bloodlines with greats like Fanny Lou Hamer, Ella Baker, Dorothy Heights and Harriet Tubman, and each day we stand in the merit of their work. We progress and prosper while at the same time facing adversity, from being told we aren’t quite enough of this or too much of that. Despite these things and the various shades that we may come in we are all still black and all similar in essence.

I grew to love the skin I’m in. All the acne scars and all the hair. I still look at my mother in amazement. I still watch her glow and I know that I glow too. That’s the great thing about black women, we all glow in different shades like crystallized stars across the darkest sky.

Know that your black will never be like her black. Your black is your black for a reason. You were coated in the most beautiful color so that you can be you. Look at the variety of shades of black women you see everyday with admiration and not spite. Her beauty does not take away your own."

I know your Momma, I know your Papa, I know your birth place and I know you are my African woman and you are my treasure and you are truly beautiful and so beautiful !

Oh yes !! You are my African jewel and what a wonderful treasure from God you are !!!

Viva viva African woman Odara ! Odara !! Odara !!!

Erin ayo mi oh ! (my joyful laughter)

Ara mi oh ! (my wonders)           

The dinosaur; Ejanla ninu okun (the great creature of the sea)
(Okin Obaeiye) the most beautiful bird in the heavens !!

Irawon, irawon mi oh ! (my stars, my stars)

Iya ilu mi oh ! (mother of my community)

Ifokan bale mi oh ! (my rest of mind)

Oshumare wa oh ! (our rainbow)

Okuta nla ! (the big rock)

Moremi, Obirin Ogun mi oh ! (My woman of war)

Obirin takun, takun
Ijile ife !

Omi aye mi oh ! (my water).

Iya ayo mi oh ! (mother of my joy)

Iyawo mi oh ! Iyawo mi o!! (My wife, my wife)

I am the Africa hunter; the king of the African forest.

I am the one who can walk in the dead hours of the night in the thickest African forest without challenge from any forest beast.

My brevity lies in the cartridge in my gun.

My survival lies in my shooting skills.

My gun lies in my hands.

My vision lies in my hunter’s torch-light.

Three gun salute for the Africa hunter; gboza, gboza, gboza …

What else is braver than the African hunter?

The African hunter hunts antelopes in the Africa forest with gun pounders and local cartridges but you my African woman hunts the
African hunter who holds a gun with your morals and the power of your love …

Oh! What an African woman !!

Your beauty as an African woman lies in your morals and your energy !!!

Energy, energy, energy, energy, energy, energy, energy, energy, energy, energy …

Oh! What an energetic African woman you are!!

I adore you forevermore just as an African priest adores his African shrine !!!

A seven gun salute to you my African woman; gboza, gboza, gboza, gboza, gboza, gboza, gboza …

Viva Africa ! Africa majovo !! viva African woman you are so beautiful !!!

Viva Africa, Africans let us unite ( majovo) …

Viva Africa, African people let’s unite and speak in one voice …

Viva Africa majovo and let’s live in peace.

Africans, virtuoso African woman let us unite for strength and progress.

Africa you are my wonderland and you are the land of my dreams.

African woman you are my treasure, you are my heroin and you are so beautiful …

An extract from the book 'My Africa' Written By Fame Agidife.

No comments:

Post a Comment