Tuesday 30 June 2020

Diving Portofino : Dolce Farniente Scuba Diving Experience in Italy


The way things perfectly happen sometimes has surprised me more than once. This time, I got a combo of two interesting coincidences. My last scuba diving trip before moving from France to Scotland was in Italy, to dive the underwater archaeological park of Baia near Naples

My first trip after moving back from Scotland to France is again to dive another underwater landmark of Italy: Portofino Marine Protected Area (MPA). Portofino is famous for its underwater Christ statue, which is the original model of the one I saw while diving John Pennekamp Park in Key Largo, Florida only 6 months before!
I had many reasons to be excited about this long weekend in Italy that would include 2 days of diving, mouth-watering cuisine and new breath-taking landscape to explore from Portofino to Cinque Terre. Beyond a 3 day program packed with all my favourite things to do, I think what took me back to Italy for the 5th time is intangible. Being French, taking my time and enjoying life is something I am quite good at, but I think Italians take this to the next level. “Dolce Farniente” sums this up perfectly. I had a busy program and yet, everything felt relaxed thanks to this lovely Italian trait.

No comments:

Post a Comment